To make your carpet look new and clean, you don’t have to use harmful or toxic chemicals. To clean carpets effectively, you can make use of common and inexpensive products. These are some of our site the safest and most eco-friendly ways to clean carpet.
Although vacuuming carpets is not able to remove every dirt and grime, it can be a vital cleaning method. It is a good idea to vacuum your carpet every other day to keep dirt from building up and to clean it without using harmful or strong chemicals. You can also use a dry vacuum to achieve a more thorough vacuuming.
Stains Can Be Removed
Stains are a common problem for carpet owners. Stains can be very stubborn and many people turn to harsh, toxic chemicals to clean their carpets. To remove stubborn stains, there are more natural options than using strong chemicals. You can try vinegar, lemon juice, tartar, and club soda to get rid of stains. Here’s a list of some options.
1. To get rid dirt, stains and grime from carpet fibers, mix vinegar with hot water.
2. You can remove grass stains from carpets with a mixture of warm water and alcohol.
3. Club soda is a great way to get rid of stains that are caused by blood, food and drinks. Allow the club soda to soak for a few minutes before you apply it to stained areas. Sprinkle salt on the stained area. Leave it to soak for at least a couple of minutes. Then rinse with water and vinegar. Alternate club soda with ammonia, hydrogen peroxide, or ammonia if the stain is stubborn.
4. Use a mix of tartar-lemon juice for ink staining. Allow to dry for at least an hour before rinsing with water.
5. Grease stains can be treated with cornstarch and salt. You can leave it for up to 24 hours and vacuum the area in the morning.
Freshening Your Carpets
Many carpet owners must deal with unpleasant odors. Each carpet owner desires their carpets to smell clean and new after each carpet cleaning. Some carpet cleaning products only remove part of the dirt. The rest remains in the carpet, creating a smelly stench. Below are some tips to help you keep your carpets looking new without the need for harsh commercial cleaners.
1. Apply a mixture consisting of 1 teaspoon vinegar, 1 cup baked powder, and 1 Cup cornstarch to your carpet. It should be left on your carpet for at least one night. Then vacuum it up. This solution will remove odours from your carpet and give off a pleasant aroma.
2. Steam cleaning should be done with hot water and vinegar, not commercial cleaners. It will remove dirt and stains from your carpet, as well as deodorize it.
3. For about one week, you can spray full strength vinegar over the mold-affected areas to get rid of the distinctive smell and staining.
Northern Beaches Carpet Cleaning
90 Mona Vale Rd, Warriewood NSW 2102
(02) 8311 0608